Tis' the season to be jolly, falalalalalalalala.... and let's face it, when it comes to hosting joyous winter celebrations the key when setting the scene for guests is lighting a crackling fire, having tasty treats at the ready, accompanied by fabulous cocktails (plural) n'est ce pas?
Therefore in true holiday fashion, Ashley, Kelly Lynn and I put on our trusty Elf hats, and came up with some fun holiday twists on some of our favourite classic cocktail recipes. Guests will be impressed by how lovely these simple beverages look, and even more delighted after a few sips, so prepare for seconds!
First up- the THE MERRY MOSCOW MULE
- 3 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces (about 2 shots) Vodka
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 12 ounces Ginger Beer
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Candied ginger for garnish
- Combine all vodka, juices, and ginger beer and pour over ice. This makes two drinks.
- Garnish with Pomegranate arils and lime wedges if desired.
How gorgeous are those pomegranate seeds?
THE ORANGE OLD FASHIONED WITH ROSEMARY
– 1 sugar cube
– 2 ounces of rye
– 3 dashes of orange bitters
– Splash of club soda
– Large orange slice for garnish
– Sprig of rosemary for garnish
– Large ice cubes
– Slice of orange
- Combine rye, soda and bitters and pour over sugar cube. This makes one drink.
- Add large ice cube and garnish with a slice of orange and rosemary.
Big shout out to Hello Midge Floral Studio for the gorgeous arrangement, absolutely beautiful work!